Friday, August 15, 2014

Thoughts on Grad School

As my second semester in grad school is winding down, I've been thinking a lot about my goals and where I want to go with this new information.  This time last year I hadn't even begun filling out my college applications, and now I'm in the middle of a very challenging (and expensive) MBA program, and I'm wondering what I was thinking.


Originally I thought that getting an MBA would help me to advance at my company.  Now I don't even know if I want to stay at my company.  I like the idea of having a plan for the future, but I keep changing my mind.  Now I want to quit my job and flip houses.  Two months ago I wanted to sell everything and travel around the world. 


The truth is, I don't know what I want to do with my life.  And you know what?  I don't need to!  I'm only 28, and I have my whole life ahead of me.  Maybe next year I'll decide I want to go into finance.  I do know that no matter what, the lessons I'm learning from my classes will help me with wherever I want to go.  So I'll keep plugging away at my degree, and hopefully in a few years I can write about my graduation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment